F7 KDE spin

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 19:55:22 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, Dariusz J. Garbowski <thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 01/09/2007 04:58 AM, Lamont Peterson wrote:
> > On Monday 08 January 2007 07:25pm, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
> >> Lastly, I would like to suggest, if the Gtk-QT engine is used, that
> >> some exclusion be made for the system-config tools. I think there are
> >> multiple benefits in have the system-config tools look different from
> >> the persons desktop applications AND yet "universally" alike.
> >
> > I like that idea.
>
> I don't. I like to be able to set fonts, colours, look&feel, etc. once
> and for all apps and not having to scratch my head where on earth do I
> do that for applications that for some reason do not obey my settings.
> Q: How would I do that for system-config anyway then?
>
> Arthur, can you elaborate on the benefits?

1) Easy to recognize and system applications (generally ran as root)
2) Everything would be "exactly" in the same place on every Fedora install
3) If tutorials including the system-config tools are put up, only one
set will be necessary, not one for Gtk+ and one for Gtk-Qt

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud