Fedora 7 and enabling updates repositories at install time

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Tue Jan 9 20:06:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I just remembered what the problem was with FC6+updates.  With FC6, the
> content from the extra repos gets installed after the content from the
> CD/DVD/NFS base repo.  Since your updates would replace the packages from
> these repos, you get into nasty install problems where you need something
> from one of these repos before the next thing from your base repo.

  Okay, between my own experimentation, and Jeremy Katz's answers when I
probed him on the subject, I take it to mean that what you're saying is
true for CD/DVD/NFS-ISO installs.  NFS (non-ISO) does, from what I can
thus-far tell, allow you to install Updates amongst Core.  I imagine this
is true of HTTP and FTP installs, as well, but I haven't verified this
(just NFS install with HTTP updates).
  So it works (with some install types), but it doesn't work (for others).
At least now we know.

      Jima