F7 KDE spin

Andrew Parker andrewparker at bigfoot.com
Tue Jan 9 22:49:27 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 1/9/07, Gilboa Davara <gilboad at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Asking them to download 100s of MB during the installation is a mistake.
>
> Then they will have to download the 100s of MB through downloads!
> In the end, it is the same thing.

Downloading hundreds of different files is much slower than
downloading one file of the same size.

Also, the initial spin is likely (?) to be downloaded via bittorrent,
which is not an option for yum when it needs individual packages.

A single iso download can also feed multiple PCs (up to 5 in my case),
which is far more efficient than downloading the same hundreds of
files several times over.