proposal: mailing list reorganization

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Wed Jan 10 18:52:58 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> Find below a proposal for a mailing list reorganization the board asked
> me to work on. It can also be found in the wiki at
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThorstenLeemhuis/MailingListReorganization
> and until now was only discussed slightly on the semi-private on
> fedora-advisory-board. This is the first public discussion. Happy
> flamefest!

Looks very sane to me.

Perhaps create a template HTML page for the lists, pointing at documents on
Netiquette, Smart-Questions-HOWTO and such?

Take this as a starting point and put some mechanism into place by which
new lists can be created (hopefully /very hard/ to do, too many lists is
bad)? Something along the Usenet guidelines for creating new groups? That
way you can defer the decision(s) for later...

I don't know if you can make Mailman point at the archives of earlier
lists, if not, the current archives should be linked into the pages of the
successor list(s).

Thanks for your work!