Fedora 7 vs 6 installation

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Thu Jan 11 04:19:50 UTC 2007

Yes, I have known about kickstart, any maybe I just need to learn more about
it and work with it some more.
But it seems like I do an install and then I add packages that I missed or
someone else does and I also remove packages.

Like I add postfix and the switch mail program and then switch to postfix
and remove sendmail.  Haven't figure out how/if you can just install postfix
as your mail server with the GUI.

So that is why I said what I did. Kickstart doesn't to go far enough for me.
It would be nice if the GUI came up and checked all of the packages that are
on the system and network and disk settings and then you could tweek it some
if you wanted and be done.

And maybe it is just as simple as doing a rpm -qa and appending that to the
end of the config file.

I just loaded it to give it another try and it is much better, but still not
there.  It can't deal with my network configuration and doesn't go into
enough detail on the packages.  I think it really needs to be able to
display individual packages.

So maybe I need to submit a bug report:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/network.py", line 180, in
showEditNetworkDialog
    ip1, ip2, ip3, ip4 = string.split(ip, ".")
ValueError: too many values to unpack

Thanks for your comment.