F7 KDE spin

Lamont Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Thu Jan 11 16:03:26 UTC 2007

On Thursday 11 January 2007 02:50am, Andrew Parker wrote:
> On 1/10/07, Lamont Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com> wrote:
> > Yes you can, just copy /var/cache/yum/ to a USB keychain drive (or SD
> > card, or ...) or burn it to a disc.  However, because the cache will
> > change almost daily, this could get tedious.
>
> Maybe its just my setups, but my /var/cache/yum wouldn't be worth
> sharing.  Comparing the contents of the directory either side of an
> install resulted in no change.  Is a copy of the package supposed to
> be in there?

You need to edit /etc/yum.conf and change keepcache to 1.  This defaulted to 0
(i.e., delete the package files after they're installed) as of FC5, IIRC.
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor

NOTE:  All messages from this email address should be digitally signed with my
       0xDC0DD409 GPG key. It is available on the pgp.mit.edu keyserver as
       well as other keyservers that sync with MIT's.