rawhide report: 20070112 changes

Kristian Høgsberg krh at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 15:22:00 UTC 2007

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 06:43:36 -0500, buildsys at redhat.com wrote:
>
>> kernel-2.6.19-1.2911.fc7
>> ------------------------
>> * Thu Jan 11 2007 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at redhat.com>
>> - Add and enable alternative firewire stack.
>

> Ooh, shiny. Is this more of a "I am pretty sure it will break" or "I am
> pretty sure it will work" stack?

It's on the "I'm pretty sure it will work" side of the fence :)  The patch is
taken from Andrew Mortons tree and I've tested it on a range of architectures,
firewire controllers and firewire devices here.  One caveat, though: only
storage devices works at this point, user space API and streaming
functionality is not yet in place.  So for a little while we'll see missing
features from the firewire stack.  However, I hope to have it back to a level
where libraw1394 and libdc1394 will work, and where porting the rest is
reasonably easy within a month.

cheers,
Kristian