Fedora Server Spin

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 18:32:09 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 11:01 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> okay - a convincing argument was made to me for some amount of items for
> i18n. So non-western-language-speaking folks can use the server install.

Just to be clear: 'some amount of items for i18n' means X, right ? This
is fine for interactive installs, as long as we don't unnecessarily
require X (especially server and drivers) for kickstarts and text-mode
installs.

> However, I think a server install's comps.xml is the perfect place for
> an @ultra-minimal which is narrow and controlled if only to save the one
> step a good admin will have to do anyway, which is removing all the
> unnecessary items from a server install.

And part of this exercise is to give people a good starting point for
what's unnecessary etc. What's on your hit list for scrubbing server
installs ?

David