Fedora Server Spin

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 22:10:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 22:57 +0100, Jaroslaw Gorny wrote:
> IMHO such a situation,  when you are advised to _not_ upgrade but do a fresh
> install instead is not acceptable for distribution that wants to be
> called 'server'.
>
> So my question is: is there any plan to change this situation? - provide
> some 'guarantee' to do successfull upgrade with yum, or extend support?

The support around Fedora Server will be exactly the same as that for
all of Fedora (or any of the other planned variants) Think of the term
'server' as an indication of intended audience and use.

At the same time, we'd love for anybody to contribute to FSS or Fedora
in general to make it more like what they'd want it to be like (e.g., by
working on the update issues you mention)

David