Fedora Server Spin

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Jan 14 00:16:32 UTC 2007

Sex, 2007-01-12 às 22:05 +0000, David Lutterkort escreveu:
> As much as I cringe at the thought of having a graphical UI on a server,
> I think there are potential users of FSS (ppl with locales that don't
> work well on text consoles, ppl who come from another OS and are just
> too used to a graphical UI) that it makes sense to include that as an
> option or even the default if we can detect that the install seems to be
> for somebody that would want a GUI on their server.

And just *WTF* is wrong with those people installing a "Fedora Desktop"
and then afterwords yum install foo ?

:)

Ok, maybe you can reach a middle ground with a very fine-tune and
extremely minimal base install to with other groups may be added by
default.

The amount of work that needs to be done to get a good server (trimmed
down et all) is unreal for server installations.

Heck, even glibc could use some trimming down :)

Rui

+ So let's do it...?