Updated Firefox 3 Roadmap

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jan 14 19:43:30 UTC 2007

Heiko Adams schrieb:
> maybe you've noticed that the mozilla foundation has updates the
> planings and the roadmap for firefox 3.
> The most interesting fact is, that the release is scheduled at the third
> quater 2007. [...]

The most important fact IMHO is: End-of-life for Firefox 1.5.x.y
is April 2007 according to
http://wiki.mozilla.org/ReleaseRoadmap

At least FC6 will then be at the middle of it's lifespan then and sill
have round about 7 months to live. Do we really want to backport
security fixes during all that time? I thought we have a lot to do
already. Sure, those security fixes will be produced for RHEL5 in any
case, but it that really worth the trouble building and testing them for
Fedora?

CU
thl