plans for long term support releases?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Jan 16 14:32:47 UTC 2007

> On Tuesday 16 January 2007 05:08, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > As I tried to express many times before, to me, FL has always been a
> > dead-born child which never actually came into real existance
>
> And you did so much to help the project out.

Why should I? I have expressed my attitude on a "separate legacy" many
times before: It's a matter of effectiveness.

Unlike contributing to a separate Legacy or 3rd party repo, as
contributor to FE, extending a package's life-time as part of FE, had
not meant much (almost none) additional effort to me.
Therefore, I was able to keep my FE packages up-to-date for FE3/F4
(within the boundaries RH set by having discontinued FC3/FC4) until some
divine instance had decided to close their buildsystems down.

The poor victim is the user.

In other words: Contributing to a separate Legacy Project means
unnecessarily wasting resources to contributors at least some FE
contributors could provide at almost no personal costs. Therefore I had
been expecting "Fedora Legacy" not to be success from the very
beginning.

Ralf