plans for long term support releases?

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Wed Jan 17 13:30:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 09:50 -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Actually the biggest offender I've seen in the past years is the print
> > backend. After a string of updates it just seems to need a reboot to find
> > my local usb printer again
>
> I usually just restart cups each time anything in that area is touched.

Starting with Fedora Core 6 this whole issue should be much easier to
deal with.  Updated printing packages no longer cause any configuration
changes or updates, with the minor exception of gutenprint-cups which
runs its own cups-genppdupdate.5.0 script to apply any needed updates to
existing PPDs.

Updates breaking CUPS configurations has, however, been a problem up to
and including Fedora Core 5. :-(

Tim.
*/