plans for long term support releases?

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Wed Jan 17 14:47:04 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 January 2007 04:36, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
>> Of course. Things all have to add up.
>> Still. is this even something we want for Fedora? It's quite possible
>> that we just don't want to do it, for any number of the problems brought
>> up throughout this thread. Then let's declare LTS out-of-scope for
>> Fedora and move along. Otherwise, lets see what *could* be done about it.
>
> I think many of us have declared this out of scope for Fedora, you just
> haven't moved on (:

Sure I've moved on! But sometime you have to take a step back and say to
yourself. Hmmm, I wonder if this could be done in another, possibly
better way.

I've taken that step back with this thread and realized that there's not
much hope some something like that. No problem, for me at least. Like
I've mentioned quite a few times already, it's not an ISSUE I'm having,
I was just wondering if perhaps it could happen. I'm doing fine with
RHEL/CentOS for my servers, where frequent updates is not a good idea
and fedora on everything else.

/Thomas