rawhide report: 20070117 changes

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Jan 17 18:14:07 UTC 2007

Tomasz Kłoczko wrote :

> Dnia 17-01-2007, śro o godzinie 06:42 -0500, buildsys at redhat.com
> napisał(a):
> > libtiff-3.8.2-7.fc7
> > -------------------
> > * Tue Jan 16 2007 Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> 3.8.2-7
> > - Remove Makefiles from the shipped /usr/share/doc/html directories
> > Resolves: bz #222729
>
> This was fixed by add in %install:
>
> # don't include documentation Makefiles, they are a multilib hazard
> find html -name 'Makefile*' | xargs rm
>
> This kind fixes allways will break "rpmbuild -bi --short-circuit <foo>.spec".
>
> Correct solution in this case can be added by add to devel %files:
>
> %doc html/*html html/images/*gif html/images/*jpg

Another correct solution, which I prefer, would be to have something
like this :

%install
rm -rf %{buildroot} _html
cp -a html _html
find _html -name 'Makefile*' -exec rm -f {} \;

%doc _html/*

This way, the stuff in "html/" can change quite a bit without breaking
in the package (by being only partially copied).

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
Load : 0.21 0.24 0.21