Fedora Tracker is in need of a new home

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Fri Jan 19 18:35:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 13:19 -0500, Brad Smith wrote:
> > I feel your pain, unfortunately I have nothing reliable to offer. Have
> > you considered moving the heavy lifting to a workstation, and just
> > uploading the result to the server?
>
> That is an interesting idea. I suppose I could update the db on my
> system at home, but getting the changes to the server's db sounds...
> complicated. Some ideas:
>
> It might be a good excuse to play with mysql replication, but that
> would almost certainly involve talking my hosting company into making
> some changes to their configuration and there's a good chance that
> won't happen.
>
> Another option might be having the update tool just spit out a mysql
> script. That'd take time I don't have at the moment, but would
> probably be the simplest solution.
>
> Any other suggestions along these lines?

If you don't have links to third party repositories and nothing that
could be considered 'contributory infringment'  then your service would
fit well in the fedora infrastructure. But right now I know you point to
places like livna, freshrpms, etc and those have things we're not
allowed to point to.

-sv