Long term PIM solution

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sun Jan 21 15:54:06 UTC 2007

O/H Anuj Verma (Kevin) έγραψε:
> Hello list,
>
> In this email subject mentions "PIM". I consider following types of
> application to make a true Personal Information Manager:
> 1. Email,
> 2. Address books,
> 3. Calendring,
> 4. Task Manager,
> 5. NNTP client
> 6. Phone/PDA sync apps
>
> My focus is GNOME, as KDE is very sound for the same by now.
>
> We had seen Mozilla/Firefox engines became a very useful base to various
> independent web-browser applications.
>
> I will like to know some point of views here, to know if Thunderbird can
> also be useful in the same way as Mozilla/Firefox, for a good long term
> PIM solution ?

You may want to check on Chandler, from the OSAF foundation. Their website
mentions everything, so I'll just refer you there:

  http://chandler.osafoundation.org/

Of course it's still in an early stage of it's development, but it's foundations
(semantic web and other research stuff that interest at least me) are very
promising.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos