FC6, 2.6.19-1.2895, and suspend

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 08:22:22 UTC 2007

On 1/23/07, Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu> wrote:
> It seems that the the upgrade to 2.6.19 has killed suspend for some folks
> on FC6 (BZ #223731).  On my Thinkpad Z61t, the panel goes dark and then
> the moon symbol starts blinking and never stops (I have to hard reset it).
> The last entry in the log is:
>
> kernel: Disabling non-boot CPUs ...
>
> For grins, I tried the PAE kernel, but it appears to just ignore
> pm-suspend.  What other information would be helpful in tracking this
> down?

On my ASUS M6Ne suspend to disk (aka hibernate) is failing to actually
turn off the  PC after shutting down hda: this with _any_ FC6 kernel.
Though I had the feature working in the FC5 timeframe.

So a question for the QA guys: is there some infrastructure in place
to diagnose stuff like this?
I don't even know how to screen capture the last messages I'm seeing...