tmp cleanup

Ron Johnson rjohnson.fedora-devel-list at rjohnson.com
Thu Jan 25 04:49:31 UTC 2007

Peter Gordon wrote:
> tmpwatch (in Extras) might suit your needs. :)

Nope.  It used to be on by default (?) at one time (FC1? RHL9?), but
either way, I don't want files deleted.  I've had tmpwatch dump things I
wanted to keep, and keep things that I thought should have been whacked
a long time ago.

The script I currently use (attached) never deletes anything.  It leaves
that to the user/admin.  All it does is clean up /tmp by moving things
into a subdirectory of /tmp (i.e. "tmp-cleanup-2007-01-19 at 21.33.26").
While the script I have doesn't delete anything, it does, however, move
*everything* (except prior directories made by itself).

-Ron