Any plans to add support for new features of laptops targeting Vista?

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 10:05:25 UTC 2007

Hello,

This article introduces a bunch of new laptop technologies that
Microsoft is supporting in Vista.  According to the article,
these technologies will result in shortened boot times, less
power consumption in hard drives, the ability to have commonly
used files stay resident in non-volatile memory for rapid program
launches, etc.  These technologies all have a hardware component
in addition to the software side.  My hope is that we can figure
out how to have Linux benefit from these hardware changes.
Power management on laptops remains an area where Linux
is challenged, though it is improving.

Is there any hardware specs are out there for these
new chunks of hardware?

Here's an article discussing the new gizmos:
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/01/23/windows_vista_laptops/page3.html

        Miles