kernel versionning problem

Alexander Boström abo at kth.se
Fri Jan 26 13:14:52 UTC 2007

mån 2007-01-22 klockan 19:12 -0500 skrev Chuck Anderson:
> keying off LINUX_VERSION_CODE is next to useless.  If you patch the
> kernel at all, what version does it become?

Yeah... I maintain (outside Fedora) a set of packages of the Arla AFS
client, and me and the upstream developer came to the conclusion that
upstream should just target the latest vanilla kernels and then I do any
Fedora kernel related patching in the rpms. It seems like the most sane
way to deal with this kind of problem.

(And it would be nice to see the code in the kernel, but there are
problems with that too, sadly... It might be doable though.)

/abo