Want to help QA the Test1 release?

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Fri Jan 26 15:50:45 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 26 January 2007 09:15, Mike Chambers wrote:
>> I had been having problems trying to do a rawhide install via NFS,
>> although it was against the rawhide tree, not against an ISO (yes was
>> using boot.iso).  Is this allowed still or do you have to do it against
>> an ISO image unless it's via ftp/http?  Actually I had problems doing it
>> against ftp/http as well (as in, "can't be mounted from the server").
>> Although I could download all the FC6 ISO's to the same mounted dir
>> (diff sub dir) and install from them.  So I am confused on what used to
>> work, doesn't now?
>
> I'm not ruling out NFS issues in the kernel preventing NFS installs, I don't
> recall having tried that much recently, but I will try today.  We haven't
> changed what we "support" in that aspect, it would be something lower level
> breaking.

I have had some problems with NFS lately.
Have not had the time to debug it properly, so I have no bugzilla entry.
Seems like a locking problem, so I changed my fstab to mount the
NFS-shares "nolock", and that seemed to fix the problem.

This is 2 rawhide clients (both x86_64 and i386) mounting an Fedora 5
server.
It started about one week ago, but I don't update and reboot the
rawhide-clients daily, so it might have been a few more days since the
updated that actually caused it.

Rgds.

Ola Thoresen

--