Please put pxelinux.0 in /images/pxeboot/

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Jan 26 19:12:35 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 11:13 -0700, Jerry Williams wrote:
> Could someone please add pxelinux.0 to /images/pxeboot/?
>
> I am not sure how often it changes, but it is kind of a pain to get it out
> of syslinux.
>
> Is pxelinux.0 a generic thing or does it have to match everything else?

It's just in the syslinux package and thus changes as often as syslinux.
Sticking it in the dir doesn't make much sense as we don't put, eg, a
tftp server there.  Or anything else along those lines.

> Also is there a reason that stage2.img couldn't just be loaded from the tftp
> server in the first place instead of having to use NFS, ftp, or http?
>
> Especially if you are just doing a rescue?

70 megs is a lot to download via tftp.  Plus, it then has to be in
memory which isn't the case for NFS

Jeremy