/etc/init.d in the default $PATH ?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 03:09:54 UTC 2007

On 1/28/07, Jerry Williams <jwilliam at xmission.com> wrote:
> I seem to always cd to /etc/init.d to look most of the time I can't remember
> the name of a service anyway.

Since we seem to have degraded into personal workflow ideas....
I always just do chkconfig --list to review the service names, when i need to.

Now... if service grew a similiar --list option, I wouldn't mind it.
If you got me drunk enough, I'd say that we as administrators ( and
yes I'm qualified to speak for every last surly one of them ) would
get the most benefit in workflow if the functionality of service and
chkconfig got magically rolled into the same command.

-jef"and drunk enough here means 1 tequila shot, preferable from a
brand that comes from a plastic bottle"spaleta