Adding modules to Fedora's kernel package

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Mon Jan 29 22:38:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 15:21 -0700, Topher Fischer wrote:

> [root at virgil javert42]# uname -r
> 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
> [root at virgil javert42]# modinfo hdaps
> modinfo: could not find module hdaps
>
> I also get nothing when I grep my kernel package for hdaps:
>
> [root at virgil javert42]# rpm -ql kernel | grep hdaps
>
> Again, thanks for the input.  Thomas also answered a separate question
> that I had.

Maybe you are running the i586 arch kernel without realizing it.  It
looks like the i586 kernel doesn't get the HDAPS module.  Run:

rpm -q --queryformat "%{ARCH}\n" kernel

to see what arch you are running.  FC6 has a nasty issue with
occasionally installing i586 kernels on i686 capable systems at random
times.

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>