Compiz Fusion?

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 05:20:08 UTC 2007

On 7/1/07, dragoran <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I think ccp  would be better, it also have a gconf-backend.
> about desktop-effects:
> there is not much that need to be changed there...
> if we decide on what to use I can provide patches if needed ;)

after I applied some of the patches from previous compiz package (with
some modification in it) , and a little one-line patch in
desktop-effects.c to load gconf plugin properly , desktop-effects is
now back working .. but gnome-wm need some modfication to make compiz
start on login

I didnt apply the patches before because they was being rejected ..

Like dragoran said, I also agree that ccp is a better choice ..
because if we insist in using gconf, desktop-effects and gnome-wm need
to do checking whether to load ccp or to load gconf plugin .. plus,
the compizconfig-settings-manager requires user to use ccp plugin and
it doesnt work with gconf plugin (compizconfig-backend-gconf != gconf
plugin) ..

for ccp, desktop-effects surely requires patching because the current
desktop-effects is using gconf and not libcompizconfig ..

> > - the default installation provides several plugins that might pull
> > more dependencies eg: fuse. to_split or not to_split
>
> do you have a list of this deps?
> we could split it into compiz-fusion-plugins and
> compiz-fusion-plugins-extras

after some checking, I noticed fuse-libs is now standard in
installations .. erm .. guess we dont need to split them then .. but I
havent tested to yum it from a clean system .. so I might miss
something

> > I just built today git checkout and they are available here
> >

> http://devel.foss.org.my/~kagesenshi/repo/private/testing/
> >
> > feel free to play around with them ..
>
> thx, will look at them
>
> > about desktop-effects .. for systems with AIGLX, an environment var
> > need to be exported before launching it to make it work
> >
> > export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
>
> this should then be added to gnome-wm to because on login desktop-effects is
> not inolved.

after the patch, the env var no longer requires exporting ..

> --

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail