koji.fedoraproject.org Unplanned outage | 6/28/07 - 6:00PM EDT

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Mon Jul 2 08:48:02 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 16:30 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:09:55 -0400, Jeff MacDonald scripst:
> > +1 to use ISO-style, but please list UTC *and* local time for the
> > outage.
>
> What local time? Why should EDT matter to me or other people living
> somewhere else than on the eastern shore of the United States (and maybe
> in Brazil, I am not sure)?

Speaking as someone from the midwestern United States, I am very used to
dealing with PST and EST, as so many technological things are based on
the east and west coasts. Online services, cable TV stations and
whatnot. They're only an hour/two hours off from my local time anyway.
Whereas when I see a UTC date, I just go "Huh? Is that today or
tomorrow?". But then I've never been any good with numbers...

Seems to me, just posting both local time and UTC should cover both
sides of the globe reasonably well.