Headsup: cegui and ogre soname changing update to hit F7-updates soonish

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Jul 2 21:49:30 UTC 2007

Ian Chapman wrote:
> Hans de Goede wrote:
>
>> Hmm, I'm not so sure if thats a good plan. I don't like breaking
>> soname's, no F-7 is still somewhat new. But FC-6 is by Fedora
>> standards now proven and trusted, should we go breaking soname's there?
>
> If there was a stack of items in the Fedora repo that depended on 0.4.x
> I'd be a lot less inclined, but with so few packages depending on it, I
> think the impact would be negligable but if you'd rather leave ogre and
> chess as is, I won't push for FC6.

I agree the stack within Fedora is small, I'm afraid however that people might
have manually installed packages depending on this, and I don't want to cause
breakage to those. I must admit chances of this happening are small though. So
if there is a strong desire to upgrade for FC-6 too, then I can live with that.

Regards,

Hans