Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Tue Jul 3 14:33:36 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic wrote:

> Why don't you engage a little of your time and track which files cause
> this problem. I also have thousands of files and I don't see any
> performance issues using beagle. If you would contribute and get
> involved with hunting these bugs you experience than we all would
> benefit.
> I'm volunteering my time and my other resources to fixing beagle bugs
> - but I just don't experience any since Fedora Core 5 (then there were
> plenty of bugs). If you find which files are causing you problems
> please mail them to me and I'll report bugs and work with beagle team
> to fix them.
>
> There.

Valent,
  Respectfully, I contribute a great deal of my deal to probably 30-40
open source community projects.  Please do not be offended, but I have
little interest in 'beagle'.  It's a nice-to-have but also a
I-really-don't-miss-it if it's not there.  The problems that I had with
beagle on desktops occurred on nearly every desktop that we had where it
was running.  So this is not just isolated to my files or to some
particular file that I have.  And many other people have had exactly the
same experience so for those of you who are interested in working with
beagle I would think it would be easy to develop a test data set of
files that exhibits the problem and work from there.

Regards,
Gerry