Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Jul 3 14:40:40 UTC 2007

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> In fact, I'll yum install the latest and greatest beagle now, and see if
> it consumes what I find to be too much CPU during the initial indexing.

Replying to myself, I see my ~/rpmbuild (which I /happily/ use as an
archive) is being indexed with:

/usr/lib/rpm/rpmq -q --package --queryformat [%{*:xml}?] /path/to/rpm

Apparently it's threaded, because this one happily consuming 100% CPU,
happily locking up my funky beryl desktop. Then it seems beagle-helper
catches some output because it gets too excited and happily consumes
like 20% CPU next to the 100-20% CPU being consumed by the other happy
process.

Thanks for the reminder, sometime in the future I'll try again.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip