Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Tue Jul 3 15:20:38 UTC 2007

tir, 03 07 2007 kl. 16:09 +0200, skrev Valent Turkovic:
> On 7/3/07, Laurent Rineau <laurent.rineau__fedora at normalesup.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 03 July 2007 15:44:19 Gerry Reno wrote:
> > > Hi Valent,
> > >   I have to agree with the decision to drop beagle as default.  On my
> > > desktop I have many thousands of files and documents that I would like
> > > beagle to catalog but it was consuming huge amount of system resource
> > > when it was running trying to do this.
> >
> > +1
> >

> Show me the money! Or put you money where your mouth is. Or any other
> slogan fits here nicely.
>
> Show us exactly where you have issues with beagle and with which files
> and help us all fix these bugs. Complaining only doesn't help anybody.

Upstream Beagle already has a great guide to helping you, help them spot
problem areas, I would suggest reading that.

I think Beagles biggest problem is that it's not really useful, it's not
integrated anywhere, it's just a search service right now. Places like
your media player e.g. could have their database populated in a dynamic
manner using technology like Beagle but currently they don't. Even if we
enabled Beagle by default we would not gain a lot and it's still
suffering from a number of issues (such as not even surviving 5 secs on
Development currently).

- David