Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-JUL-02

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 16:27:59 UTC 2007

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2007-jul-02

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Fedora 5 shutdown ==
 * f13 - We're well on our way to shutting down FC5
 * f13 - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Fedora5Shutdown
 * warren - had trouble getting repoclosure to behave and will finish up whatever needs to be done
Decision: warren wrapping things up

== Fedora 8 Schedule Adjustments ==
 * Freeze dates do not line up on the correct week days
   * Supposed to be freezes on Tuesdays, and target the next Thursday (one week +2 days) for release
 * Make minor corrections +/-1 day
Decisions:
 * schedule dates will be adjusted to follow format of Freeze on Tuesday, release on following Thursday (week +2days).  New schedule will be proposed to FESCo
 * GA changes by one day later to November 8th.
 * Let RHEL Engineering know

== Fedora Signing Server ==
 *  It is very clear to us that we need more than just me signing/pushing f7 updates however we also don't want to be giving more people the pass phrase to the gpg key.  So we need some form of a signing server.
 * Draft spec for the signing server by f13 is here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/SigningServerSpecDraft
 * f13 is requesting input on the spec (from those that haven't given it to me already)
   * make what is there more official
   * use it to evaluate some existing code (not open source yet) to determine if it's worth the up front cost of open sourcing it vs writing our own.
Decision: None at this time

== perl-devel in build roots ==
 * perl-devel in the minimal build root was supposed to be a short term "hack" for getting Fedora 7 out the door, to be removed for Fedora 8.  It is still there.
 * it is scheduled for removal today
Decision: removal of 'perl-devel' from minimal build roots is put on hold until a final vote comes out of Fedora Packaging Committee and ratified by FESCo

== image composes in the colo ==
 * talk with mike/infrastructure and get things set so that we can do Official (tm) tree/live image composes on hardware in the colo (hosted data center)
Decision: topic added to next weeks meeting using this week to determine where we are for accomplishing this goal.