Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:08:41 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 16:40 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Replying to myself, I see my ~/rpmbuild (which I /happily/ use as an
> archive) is being indexed with:
>
> /usr/lib/rpm/rpmq -q --package --queryformat [%{*:xml}?] /path/to/rpm
>
> Apparently it's threaded, because this one happily consuming 100% CPU,
> happily locking up my funky beryl desktop. Then it seems beagle-helper
> catches some output because it gets too excited and happily consumes
> like 20% CPU next to the 100-20% CPU being consumed by the other happy
> process.
>
> Thanks for the reminder, sometime in the future I'll try again.

Please look at this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8P_X8UK2fQ

is the use-case you are having really a bug? Beagle has to index files
in order to make desktop search possible. Every process that actually
does something uses 100% of the cpu - only issue is how well it plays
with the desktiop. Beagle should be running a high NICE so it shouldn't
impact your desktop experience while it indexes files...
To me your experience with beagle just shows that beagle is working and
it doesn't show that beagle is buggy and kills your system.