Doing away with 'groups' repo in mock

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Jul 5 18:16:25 UTC 2007

On Thursday 05 July 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

> redhat-rpm-config changes created in
> http://people.redhat.com/jkeating/git/redhat-rpm-config.git , upstream
> maintainer notified.

I see only /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot is enabled in %__arch_install_post.
I'm fine with not enabling /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths in redhat-rpm-config,
that's how it is in current Fedora build roots too AFAIU.

On the other hand, I wouldn't personally mind enabling check-rpaths too - but
it will generate many build failures that didn't occur before, most of which
will be /usr/lib64 rpaths on x86_64 which are a relatively minor concern (but
should be fixed anyway).  But the upside is that it could reveal some really
harmful rpaths that are security issues (not only in Fedora proper, but also
in 3rd party packages).

rpmdev-setuptree has traditionally written both the rpath check and the
buildroot check in ~/.rpmmacros.  If both aren't enabled in the new
redhat-rpm-config, I'll probably leave it as is in rpmdevtools.  OTOH if both
are enabled in it, I could get rid of that stuff altogether.