Amarok 2.0 - has anybody tried it?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jul 6 14:12:40 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 13:16 +0200, dragoran wrote:
>> "Amarok 2.0 will require KDE4. Tarballs of KDE4 are periodically
>> released, but the plan is to work off of KDE trunk. It is not known
>> whether alpha1 works with Amarok 2.0 or not."
>
> Yup, KDE4 packages are needed, but not all. I downloaded source for KDE4
> and started compiling using this guide:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Unstable_Version
>
> but I didn't succeed ;(

Fedora is (still) missing a few needed deps... redland is one.

quick-n-dirty srpms are available from:
http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/all/unstable/SRPMS/

they also require/use qt4 rpm macros, that have been fixed only in 4.3.0-5
and newer (only built for devel/ branch for now).

-- Rex

-- Rex