Two competing (?) Swedish hunspell (openoffice.org) dictionaries

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Jul 6 16:39:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 15:07 +0200, Per Eriksson wrote:

> --The source--
> The source available in the XD format.
>   http://hem.bredband.net/dsso1/dsso-1.22.txt
>   Contains the source from DSSO, updated manually once a month.

Hmm, wget -S says: Last-Modified: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 09:36:37 GMT, perhaps
updated once a year or something ?

>   http://dsso.se/dsso-unstable.txt.gz
>   Is updated automatically every 15 minutes from the web interface.

wget -S says:

  Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 13:27:54 GMT
  Last-Modified: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:40:44 GMT

This one seems to be updated very frequently alright.

> -- Dictionaries --
> These are converted versions from XD to hunspell
> http://hem.bredband.net/dsso1/sv_SE.zip
>
> Source code used for conversion:
> http://dsso.se/kallkod.tgz
> (Needs Hunspell's munch)

Ah, excellent. Couldn't read the text to figure out that page :-)

> -- Older --
> http://sv.speling.org/filer/
> These files are Aspell, Ispell and Myspell converted files, based on the
> sol-1.3.8 (tar.gz) and (zip) files. These are old copies, and I can't
> tell if they are updated or not. (Confused by Apaches version number
> being present)

This one was updated on 05-Jul-2007 (after a long time of being not
updated) to http://sv.speling.org/filer/myspell-sv-1.3.8-6b.tar.gz which
triggered me looking at it again.

Anyhow.. I like the sound of the dsso one, it seems like the
contemporary content developing project. Unless there are any objections
I think I'll point the hunspell-sv at that dictionary.

Perhaps someone Swedish should drop a line to both parties and merge the
efforts, if even to just pointing the myspell-sv/hunspell-sv seeking
user from speling towards dsso.

C.