emacs-22.x - comments highlighting is "wrong"

Jaroslaw Gorny jaroslav at aster.pl
Sat Jul 7 21:39:26 UTC 2007

Hi,
I've recently upgraded FC6 -> F7 and I've noticed that in emacs comments are
being highlighted very different than in 21.x versions.
I've checked it in {C,Python,Shell}-modes.

In 21.x if you put a comment mark at the beginning of the line or comment a
region with "/*" and "*/", _all_ the text that is commented changes its color
to "comment_font_color" (please forgive this arbitrary and non-technical
term).
In 22.x _only_ the comment characters color is "comment_font_color" and the
whole commented text is "plain_text_font_color"

Is it a bug or a feature? ;) Is there a way to change this behaviour?
In my opinion it's far worse solution - definitely less readable.

thanks and regards,

--
Jaroslaw Gorny