Pirut: Edit -> Repositories mock-up.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 8 15:53:34 UTC 2007

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
> http://debarshiray.multiply.com/journal/item/82

You should get your blog in Fedora Planet. See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Planet. Wiki link to Pirut is incorrect btw.

Good work but I don't understand many details here:

* Can you explain the use case for making changes to repository
configuration but not saving them?

* What happens when you click on edit? Shouldn't it be disabled if you
haven't selected a specific repository?

* Add Cdrom (Shouldn't this be capitalized) seems to be a lone option
there. Can I point to a DVD repository? If so, it should probably say
add CDROM/DVD or add media instead. Media support should probably go  to
a Yum API which the GUI takes advantage of (along with a command line)
rather than being Pirut specific.

* There is no convenient interface to exclude packages to point to the
base url instead of the mirror list.

Rahul