rpms/kmenu-gnome/FC-6 kmenu-gnome.spec,1.9,1.10

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jul 8 22:00:41 UTC 2007

Leszek Matok <Lam <at> Lam.pl> writes:
> As I already have written here, there are many very simple solutions,
> like:
[snip]
> Try to tell that to them, the proud Americans with their gigabit links
> and always in-sync mirrors.

First of all, I'm not an American and I don't have a gigabit link. ;-) (Quite
possibly still a faster connection than you though.)

I've found the mirrorlist feature to be entirely useless. I always hardcode a
mirror I know to be reasonably in sync (almost always) and very fast (able to
saturate my connection). That way the date check on the repomd is entirely
unneeded, because metadata doesn't get older on the same mirror. ;-) (Or if it
does, pick a better one. ;-) )

Not to mention that my favorite depsolver (apt-rpm) doesn't support mirrorlists
anyway.

Hint: There's a certain country between Austria and Poland which has fast and
up-to-date mirrors. ;-)

I hope this helps,
        Kevin Kofler