kde startup problems

Marcel J.E. Mol marcel at mesa.nl
Mon Jul 9 21:10:05 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 10:18:21PM +0200, Jaroslaw Gorny wrote:
> Monday 09 of July 2007 22:05:14 Marcel J.E. Mol napisał(a):
> > Hello,
> > since last week i seem to have kde startup problems.
> > I get severel popup windows saying things like:
> >
> >    'Malformed URL  file:///home/marcel/Desktop'
> >
> >    'Could not find mime type application/octet-stream'
> >
> >    'no mime types installed'
> >
> > I had to re-add Kmenu to the taskbar because it dissapeared...
> >
> > I reinstalled all kde rpms, but the problem persists, so I don't
> > know where to look to fix this.
> >
> > Can anybody help?
> >

> Have You tried starting KDE as other user? Or alternatively - temporarily
> renaming ~/.kdrc file and ~/.kde/ dir?

I did rename .kde but it did not help. I also removed ~/.mailcap en ~/.mimetypes.
I did not rename the .kdrc but it only contains font definitions.

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.
    =======---------        ph. +31-(0)6-54724868          P.O. Box 112