http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway/SecondaryArchitectures

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 11:00:40 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 04:13:53 Oliver Falk wrote:
> Spot:
> Well, maybe we should think about the 'subset question'. It might make
> sense to exclude packages that *would* compile find on a SecArch, but
> doesn't make sense at all to have it on that arch.

I think the subset question is more a matter of what you publish as a release.
But that isn't the same as what builds for your arch, because while you as
the arch maintainer may want to publish one subset, somebody else with a
different need may wish to publish a larger or different subset and those
packages should be available to them should they wish it.  Just like we do
the "Fedora" spin which is a subset of the Everything collection.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora