improving listings editing?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 14:22:13 UTC 2007

I am just trying out listings and it seems pretty good.  One problem I see
is I just needed to re-indent a bunch of code (happens to be python, so
indent matters).  I thought maybe I'd just edit the lyx file in emacs, but
found out that the form of the listing in the lyx file was not very
friendly to this.

Since I doubt lyx will implement auto-indent or other emacs abilities (like
re-indent region), it would be nice if there was a more convenient way to
move back and forth between the lyx listing and an external tool.