[rawhide X86_64] tg3 not loading for my NIC

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Sun Jul 15 19:00:29 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 11:33 -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:
> I attempted to install from the CD image and the USB image in today's
> rawhide and tg3 isn't detecting my NIC for some strange reason.  I tried
> to manually select it from the list of drivers and it did not detect my
> card.
I put in an Intel 10/100 and retested.  The system still failed to
detect the NIC.

I ctrl-alt'd to the virtual terminals and noted that the system was
trying to load the appropriate modules, with no errors noted.  However,
there was no way for me to continue to install after selecting the
method(ftp/http in my case).

Sean