Disabling brp-strip for mock builds?

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:09:18 UTC 2007

(I hope that this is an appropriate place to ask mock questions that
aren't Fedora-specific.  If not, please direct me to the right place.)

I have an RPM for a program that performs an integrity check on itself
when it's run, so stripping it would cause it to fail that check.  I
fixed this by adding a couple of lines to the %install section of the
spec file:

%undefine __os_install_post
/usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress

This works fine for normal builds; however, when I build the RPM using
mock, brp-strip and its cousins are called anyway.

What do I need to do to properly disable brp-strip for mock builds?

Thanks.

Josh Kelley