Automating pam_keyring...

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jul 17 19:54:22 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating schrieb:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:18:11 +0200
> Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jesse,
>>
>> we have keychain in Fedora, which exactly does this.
>
> Is that a second UI prompt though for a passphrase?  My friend's main
> concern is that multiple password/phrase prompts from multiple UIs is
> pretty gross and they should all be the same UI, potentially a single
> prompt.

Yes, just the same kind of UI prompts for SSH and GPG keys.

I have several SSH keys I load into ssh-agent at first login and thus
get several UI input popups initiated by keychain. As well the keyring
request for my wireless WPA key. Can't think of a way a single
application would reduce the onetime amount of passphrase requests.

Alexander