Video and Keymap Quirks

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 21:02:07 UTC 2007

On 10/07/07, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:

> I'm mainly focusing on normal (ps2/usb keyboards) with extra keys for
> multimedia and internet stuff. My solution currently assumes that:
> 1) The kernel generates the correct keycodes for these keys (which is
>    true for all usb keyboards and most ps/2 keyboards)
>    For the few exceptional ps/2 non laptop keyboards manual setkeycodes calls
>    will be necessary, but that will be the case no matter what so for now I'm
>    ignoring this.
> 2) That F-8 will keep using the kbd driver for Xorg, if F-8 will change to
>    evdev, then my plan needs to be reworked.
[snip]

On the subject of USB keyboards - I had a dell laptop and i plug an
external USB keyboard into it. As well as the various multimedia keys,
it has 3 buttons for Wake, Sleep and Power. On F-7, out of the box,
the Sleep button succesfully suspends the laptop. But, once suspended,
the Wake button doesn't resume the laptop (pressing the power button
actually on the laptop does).  Is it possible for the USB subsystem to
react to ACPI events? Is it possible for the Wake key to work?

[I should add that the Wake key does generate the correct keycodes as
far as I can tell].

J.