Pirut: Edit -> Repositories mock-up -- Part 2.

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:02:51 UTC 2007

http://debarshiray.multiply.com/journal/item/85

I have created a new design for the Manage Repositories dialog. I have
tried to incorporate Jeremy's suggestions regarding key management
being a repository specific issue and not a top-level one, etc..

For your reference here is the list of possible use cases that were
proposed last time:
1) Jim is getting more involved in Fedora and wants to enable the
updates-testing repository so that he can be involved in testing
updates.  Also the disable case here.
2) John has a local mirror that he prefers to use for getting his
Fedora updates and would like to point directly at it rather than the
mirror list.
3) Sue read about some new software that's available from $vendor and
would like to add their repo so that she can install and try it out.
4) $vendor provides a repo file on their website and would like to
have it be easy for end-users to add that to their configs
5) Sally is a power-user and likes to micro-manage the details of
therepository configuration.
6..X) Probably some more :)

Once we start agreeing on the basic top-level design, I would start
creating the "Add", "Edit" and "Remove" dialogs.

Comments?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--