packages for buildinig .deb in fedora ready

Andy Shevchenko andy at smile.org.ua
Mon Jul 23 04:37:59 UTC 2007

Hi Patrice Dumas!

 On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 12:33:59AM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote next:

> I have packaged some debian packages to help making debian packages on
> fedora and compiling them. This includes:
Nice news.

> pbuilder will need to be launched as root, since the non-root procedure
> involves user-mode-linux which is not in fedora.
Really?
What the usermode package is?

[andy at localhost ~]$ rpm -qi usermode
Name        : usermode                     Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.87                              Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 3                             Build Date: Втр 03 Жов 2006
12:08:06
Install Date: Пнд 22 С╕ч 2007 17:48:54      Build Host:
hs20-bc2-3.build.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/System           Source RPM:
usermode-1.87-3.src.rpm
Size        : 528510                           License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Срд 04 Жов 2006 18:33:27, Key ID b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Summary     : Tools for certain user account management tasks.
Description :
The usermode package contains the userhelper program, which can be
used to allow configured programs to be run with superuser privileges
by ordinary users.

--
With best regards,
Andy Shevchenko.      mailto: andy at smile.org.ua