Re: WTF⁈ ShowOnlyIn=GNOME

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:28:04 UTC 2007

On 23/07/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:17:37 -0700
> "Christopher Stone" <chris.stone at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > kate
>
> On a shared system where some users prefer Gnome and some prefer KDE, I
> don't want to have KDE apps such as kate cluttering up the Gnome
> users's menu.  Likewise I wouldn't want the KDE user to be cluttered
> with gnome.
>
> As stated before, perhaps what is needed is the tools such as
> gnome-menu or whatever xfce uses ignore the ShowOnlyIn argument and
> display them all anyway.

I seem to recall back in the middle ages, that when in Gnome, there
was a main Menu entry called KDE, which brought a submenu up showing
the menu of KDE apps you would see in KDE. And vice versa. I think
this would be a nice thing to have, and might represent a happy medium
for all sides of this argument.