Are the builders okay?

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 18:30:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 13:13 -0500, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 20:11 +0200, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 12:07 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > > openssl is still building (running tests) after ~6 hours. All of the
> > > gnome-panel build tasks have completed, but the main task is still open,
> > > tracker x86_64 job seems stuck installing the buildroot long after
> > > others have completed.  etc...
> > The tests in openssl build are very slowly going ahead. So not stuck,
> > but there is definitely something strange on the builders - the tests
> > definitely shouldn't take so much time to finish.
>
> Do the tests access the network or do DNS lookups?  Besides being a
> no-no, I doubt that the chroot is set up with a proper resolv.conf etc.
They do network communication and perhaps they even are trying to do
some dns lookups if /etc/hosts is not set up properly to resolve the
machine's hostname. But they should communicate only on the machine
itself. Being a no-no means that we shouldn't be running them? They are
very useful for for example finding bugs in compiler.
--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb